This was a beautiful little cookbook. It had a plethora of gorgeous photos. Both of the recipes featured and from places all over Ireland. The recipes featured in this book come from some of Ireland’s top chefs and there is a little something for everyone.
At the beginning of the book, you are given a little introduction to Ireland. Both its geography and its’ wonderful food culture. What follows is a wide variety of menus and recipes from cooking schools and restaurants all over Ireland. They are simple to follow and the photographs make a yummy accompaniment that will warm the heart of even the pickiest of foodies.
Below is a list of just a few of the recipes featured in this cookbook.
-Vodka-Cured Irish Salmon with Avocado Cream, Pickled Vegetables, and Horseradish Mayonnaise
– Beef Fillet and Brisket with Morels and Mushroom Purée
– Venison with Puréed Celeriac and Spinach
– Chocolate Mousse with Walnut Ganache
– Ballyknocken Tea Scones
– Carrot, Potato, and Cumin Soup
– Chicken Ballotines with Potato Farls
– Slow-Cooked Shoulder of Pork with Stuffing, Sautéed
– Poached Egg and Coolea Cheese
– Ballymaloe Brown Yeast Bread
– Caramelized Hazelnuts, and Apple Crisps
– Braised Lamb with Pearl Barley Risotto
– Rose Water Crème Brûlée
– Wood Pigeon, Gooseberry, and Spinach
– Shallot and Sage Mashed Potatoes and Port Jus
– West Coast Seafood Chowder
– Homemade Potato Bread
– Vanilla Panna Cotta with Honeycomb
– Traditional Fish and Chips
– Fillet of Beef Bourguignon with Mushroom Duxelles, Pearl Onions, and Roast Beef Sauce
– Peach Tarte Tatin with Citrus Mascarpone
– Cappuccino Cream Chocolate Cake
– Florence Bowe’s Crumpets
– Wild Garlic Mayonnaise
If you are a foodie and cookbook lover like me then this is a MUST have to add to your collection.
Hi there! I’m a mom and wife by day (and night), aspiring writer (in my dreams), and an avid reader (every day of the week). This is my little corner of the web to post about ALL things books. I live in Copenhagen, but I am a Canadian girl (born and raised) at heart.